Effective June 26, 2021: While inside our church building, the wearing of face masks shall be optional for those who are COVID 19 vaccinated, but still required for those who are not yet fully vaccinated and over the age of 5. We will operate under an “Honor System” as proof of vaccination will not be required to be shown upon entering the church building.
Worship seating in every other pew, and 3-foot social distancing shall remain in effect, and shall be reviewed again by the Church Council in August.
Other Approved Recommendations:
1. Discontinue “signing in” for contact tracing.
2. Return hymnals and worship materials to the pew racks.
3. Discontinue the wiping down of the pews after worship.
4. Continue the practice of leaving offerings in the narthex, and not passing the offering plates during worship.
5. A non-contact Passing of the Peace will continue.
Thank you to everyone for your help and cooperation.
CHURCH COUNCIL RESOLUTION: March 16, 2020
In light of the current Coronavirus situation, St. John’s Lutheran Church shall:
1. Continue to be open for all scheduled congregational worship while legally permissible.
2. Make every effort to continue most fellowship and educational programs when possible, and only cancel programs when necessary.
3. Make every effort to make our worship as “germ free” as possible with the discontinuation of hand-shaking and other physical contact during worship and fellowship, and other possible measures.
4. Require the use of hand washing and/or hand sanitizer for all those involved in serving Holy Communion.
5. Distribute the Holy Communion bread only, and in the communicant’s hand.
6. Endeavor to “live stream” our Sunday morning worship so that it can be viewed on our FaceBook page by those unable to attend worship.
7. Continue to support those whose medical situation, age, or other circumstance requires them to avoid congregational worship and other programs.