CHURCH COUNCIL RESOLUTION: March 16, 2020
In light of the current Coronavirus situation, St. John’s Lutheran Church shall:
1. Continue to be open for all scheduled congregational worship while legally permissible.
2. Make every effort to continue most fellowship and educational programs when possible, and only cancel programs when necessary.
3. Make every effort to make our worship as “germ free” as possible with the discontinuation of hand-shaking and other physical contact during worship and fellowship, and other possible measures.
4. Require the use of hand washing and/or hand sanitizer for all those involved in serving Holy Communion.
5. Distribute the Holy Communion bread only, and in the communicant’s hand.
6. Endeavor to “live stream” our Sunday morning worship so that it can be viewed on our FaceBook page by those unable to attend worship.
7. Continue to support those whose medical situation, age, or other circumstance requires them to avoid congregational worship and other programs.